Egg Kathi roll
For the roll:
· 2 cups wheat flour
· salt - to taste
· 1 beaten egg
· 1 cup water approx... to knead the dough
· 1 tbsp. oil/butter
For the filling or stuffing:
· 1 tbsp. oil
· 2 medium size onions finely shredded
· 2 medium size tomatoes finely shredded(do not use the pulp inside it)
· 2 medium size green capsicum shredded
· 2 eggs beaten with salt and black pepper powder into it
· salt - to taste
· 1 tsp red chili powder
· ½ tsp turmeric powder
· 2 tbsp. freshly chopped coriander leaves
· 3-4 tbsp. tomato ketchup
For the egg stuffing/filling:
· Take a wok, into it add oil and heat it.
· Add sliced onions and sauté for few minutes.
· Add shredded capsicum and shredded tomatoes into it.
· Toss the mixture well.
· Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder into it.
· Add the beaten egg mixture, scramble it and cook for few minutes.
· Finally, add some freshly chopped coriander leaves.
· Rest it aside for later use.
For the roti roll dough and making roti:
· Firstly, take a bowl, into it, add Wheat flour, salt and mix well.
· Add a tbsp. of beaten egg into it and give a nice mix.
· Add water as required and knead the flour into a soft dough.
· Rest it aside for 5-10 minutes.
· Take a portion of the dough.
· Make a round ball.
· Dust some flour on the rolling board.
· Place the round ball and roll it into a circular shape as a chapati.
· Heat the gridle/tawa.
· Place the chapati onto the tawa.
· Cook for few seconds.
· Flip the roti and apply butter.
· Cook the other side too for few seconds.
· Flip it again.
· Add butter/oil all over the roti.
· Spread 2-3 tbsp. of the egg mixture all over the roti.
· Flip the roti and cook the egg spread side of the roti well.
· Cook the roti well on both sides.
· Place the roti on a plate with the egg side on top.
· Take the egg stuffing and place it at one end of the roti.
· Add shredded capsicum, shredded tomatoes and ketchup over the filling.
· Roll the roti.
· Cover the roll with a foil or a tissue paper and serve.
· Serve it with any chutney dip or ketchup.